Bay of Islands, Waitomo Caves and Rotorua Sights Combo
- Two-day tour combo
- Hotel pickup/drop-off offered
- Offered in: English and 3 more
See three of New Zealand’s most popular tourist destinations with this two-day combo pass including the beautiful Bay of Islands, the underground marvels of the Waitomo Caves and the thermal wonderland of Rotorua.
Day 1: Bay of Islands Day Tour and Hole in the Rock Dolphin Cruise
Sit back and soak up New Zealand’s spectacular scenery as you head north from Auckland to the Bay of Islands for a half-day dolphin cruise. After arriving in Paihia, join the crew aboard our purpose-built catamaran Dolphin Seeker for a three-hour cruise through sheltered clear waters. Throughout your cruise your skipper will keep an eye out for dolphins and other marine life, and where possible get up close to these playful creatures.
Enjoy the views as you cruise out past gem-like islands and the Cape Brett Lighthouse to the majestic Hole in the Rock. If conditions permit, your skipper will navigate right through the hole. At the end of the cruise, rejoin your driver for the return journey to Auckland.
Day 2: Waitomo Caves and Rotorua Experience
Experience magical glowworms and world-famous limestone formations at Waitomo Caves, as well as the rich cultural heritage and geothermal bounty of Rotorua.
Travel south through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions, enjoying entertaining commentary from your driver guide. On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, take a guided tour through the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves. Over 45 minutes you’ll see amazing stalactites, stalagmites, huge caverns and other limestone rock formations, formed over 30 million years ago. Your tour finishes with a magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto – a cavern illuminated by the twinkling lights of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Leaving Waitomo, enjoy a picnic-style lunch (vegetarian and other dietary options available on request) en route to Rotorua, where at the Agrodome you’ll tour an organic working farm on an all-terrain vehicle, see sheep being shorn and view a live sheep dog trial.
Next we make our way to Te Puia, one of New Zealand’s foremost cultural venues. Experience a traditional Māori welcome and cultural performance at the marae (meeting house), before entering the weird and wonderful landscape of the Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley for a guided tour of its bubbling mud pools and powerful geysers. The tour also includes a visit to Te Puia’s woodcarving and weaving schools, where apprentices are trained in traditional skills. A delicious afternoon snack, including traditional Māori rewana bread, can be enjoyed as your coach returns to Auckland.
- Two-day combo tour
- 'Hole in the Rock' dolphin watching cruise
- Waitomo Caves guided tour including Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Geysers, mud pools and Māori cultural performance at Te Puia, Rotorua
- Rotorua Agrodome farm tour and sheep show
- Premium air-conditioned coach
7:30 amDay 1: Tour departs Sky City Terminal, Auckland
11:40 amCoach arrives in Paihia
1:30 pmHole in the Rock cruise departs
4:20 pmHole in the Rock cruise returns
8:10 pmCoach returns to Sky City Terminal, Auckland
7:30 amDay 2: Tour departs Sky City Terminal, Auckland
10:15 amWaitomo Caves guided tour
1:15 pmAgrodome farm tour
3:15 pmTe Puia concert and guided tour
5:00 pmCoach departs Te Puia
8:10 pmTour returns Sky City Terminal, Auckland
Complimentary hotel pick-up / drop-off available
- Useful tips: This tour combo must be taken over two consecutive days in the order shown above. To book this combo in reverse order, please contact us and request tour option GSWRB.
- Please note accommodation is not included with this tour combo
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and bringing a warm jacket for both these tours
- If the Waitomo Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to the Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non refundable.
- A picnic lunch is available on the Bay of Islands day tour (extra cost applies). Lunches must be pre-booked by 6pm the day before travel.
1. Bay of Islands Vegetarian picnic lunch: a satisfying (falafel) salad with accompanying snacks
2. Bay of Islands Chicken picnic lunch: a delicious chicken salad with accompanying snacks
Free Cancellation up to 2 hours in advance
Reference tour code: GSBWR
Similar Tours and Activities
- Two-day tour combo
- Auckland City half day tour
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Rotorua highlights: Agrodome & Te Puia
from $372 NZD
- Two-day tour combo
- Dolphin watching cruise
- Tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Tour of Waitomo Caves
from $473 NZD