Auckland Sights + Waitomo & Hobbiton Combo
- Two-day tour combo
- Hotel pickup/drop-off offered
- Offered in: English and 4 more
Enjoy guided tours of the Hobbiton Movie Set and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves on a full-day sightseeing tour from Auckland.
Day 1 – Auckland City Sights Morning Tour
See the best of Auckland and get your bearings on this relaxing half-day tour. Travel through the city centre, then cross over the famous Auckland Harbour Bridge which connects central Auckland to the North Shore. Travel along the waterfront and see the Viaduct Harbour area, then up the main road of Queen Street before visiting the Auckland Domain, the city’s oldest park and home to the Auckland Museum.
Stop for a short break in Parnell Village, a historic suburb where picturesque villas have been transformed into a boutique shopping haven. Travel along scenic Tamaki Drive for another look at the harbour and the Eastern Bays suburbs, and drink in the views of city and sea from the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park before returning to the city.
Day 2 – Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Caves Day Tour
Journey south through lush rural farmland to the Hobbiton Movie Set, hidden on private farmland near the town of Matamata. Here, the village of Hobbiton was carefully created in amazing detail as a film location for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies.
During your guided tour of this amazing location you’ll see sights like Hobbit holes, the Mill and the Green Dragon Inn, and learn how farmland was transformed into a living, breathing piece of Middle-earth. After exploring Hobbiton, tuck into a delicious lunch at the Green Dragon Inn.
At the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, take a 45-minute guided tour through impressive underground caverns and learn how stalactites, stalagmites and other limestone structures were formed over millions of years. Your tour includes a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto – glide silently along an underground river as you gaze at the twinkling glowworms overhead.
After visiting Waitomo and Hobbiton, return to Auckland.
- Two-day tour combo
- Auckland scenic highlights
- Guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Lunch at the Green Dragon Inn
- Guided tour of Waitomo Caves
- Entertaining driver commentary
- Premium air-conditioned coach with onboard toilet and leather reclining seats
- Free WiFi and onboard USB charging docks
9:45 amDay 1: Tour departs Sky City Coach Terminal, Auckland
12:45 pmTour returns Sky City Coach Terminal
8:00 amDay 2: Tour departs Sky City Coach Terminal, Auckland
10:30 amHobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Buffet lunch at Hobbiton
1:30 pmCoach departs Hobbiton Movie Set
3:00 pmWaitomo Caves guided tour
4:00 pmCoach departs Waitomo Caves
7:00 pmTour returns Sky City Coach Terminal, Auckland
Available from selected inner-city hotels.
- This tour combo must be taken over two consecutive days in the order shown above
- Please note accommodation is not included with this tour combo
- We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and taking a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- If the Waitomo Glowworm Caves tour cannot operate, a free upgrade to Ruakuri Cave will be provided subject to availability. If the Ruakuri upgrade is provided, the Waitomo Caves portion is non refundable.
- On the Auckland city sights tour, commentary is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. On the Waitomo and Hobbiton tour, commentary is available in English, Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin.
Change or cancel your booking FREE up to 2 hours before departure.
Reference tour code: GSAHW
Similar Tours and Activities
- 3 hours
- Half Day Auckland City Tour
- Multilingual Commentary
from $75 NZD
- 11 hours
- Full Day Tour
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Includes lunch
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
from $378 NZD