Please ensure you have read the following terms and conditions before booking your tour.
- ICG (NZ) Ltd, the operators of GreatSights®, reserves the right to alter prices and timetables and to arrange alternative transport, routes or sightseeing services without notice.
- ICG (NZ) Ltd products are sold subject to the conditions of the Carriage of Goods Act 1979, the terms and conditions published by the carrier and conditions printed on the ticket.
- ICG (NZ) Ltd and GreatSights® are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the purchase or use of its products or services or the purchase or use of any third party’s products or services.
- No refund will be made against customer failure to report prior to departure. Amendments are permitted up to 2hrs prior to departure. Claims for refunds due to circumstances beyond the control of tour operators, service supplier or customer should be submitted in writing, but no later than 30 days after the date of tour departure. Refunds must be claimed within 30 days of cancellation. It is recommended that customers adequately insure themselves against cancellation charges and the possible loss of money or personal belongings.
- Children's fares: 5-14 years inclusive. There is no charge for infants (children aged 0-4 years old) when not occupying a seat, however, please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling.
- Children aged 14 or under cannot travel on GreatSights tour services without an accompanying adult aged 18 or over.
- Fuel: due to the uncertainty of fuel prices, GreatSights® reserves the rights to add a fuel surcharge to any of their tours.
- The following Great Sights® tours are operated by third parties - Wellington City and Bays Tour, Weta Workshop 'There and Back Again' Tour, Auckland West Coast Wilderness Tour, Tamaki Maori Village Evening Experience, Christchurch City Sightseeing Tour, Christchurch and Canterbury Alpine Safari, Lord of the Rings Edoras Tour, Dart River Wilderness Safari, Queenstown Highlights Tour.
- Combo tour cancellations must be made at least two hours prior to departure on the first day. No part payment will be made for unused tours.
- Participating in any of our swimming activities can be a strenuous activity. This physical activity may increase the health & safety risk for person suffering from medical condition(s) – for example stress from sudden exposure to cold water, panic or strenuous activity can aggravate some medical conditions, and certain medical conditions such as heart disease may result in cardiac arrest. Any medical conditions that may affect your swimming ability must be recorded with the master of the vessel prior to start the activity.
- While every effort is made to operate the Milford Sound tour in glass roof coaches, due to servicing requirements these vehicles may not always be available.
- Wi-Fi is available on selected services and provided free of charge. If the Wi-Fi service is unavailable no refund will be issued.
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include 15% Goods and Services Tax.
GreatSights carries checked luggage subject to the below terms and the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 5, Subpart 1. All luggage carried must be clearly labelled with the passenger's name, address, contact details and destination.The size, weight and number of luggage items that can be carried is specified below. If a passenger wishes to travel with more luggage than is permitted, or with oversize items, the item(s) may be refused if there is no available space.
- Up to two pieces per person weighing a maximum of 25kg each per person. Each piece of luggage should not exceed total dimensions (length + width + height) of 158cm (62 inches).
- If you are travelling with a wheelchair, mobility scooter or baby pushchair that can collapse down to fit within the Checked Luggage size and weight dimensions, it can be counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements. If the item cannot be collapsed down to fit our Checked Luggage size and weight dimensions, it will be regarded as Oversize Luggage.
- Extra luggage may be carried subject to space available at a cost of $10.00 per item per sector, payable to the driver. Please note we cannot guarantee carriage of extra luggage on any specific travel date or service.
- Chilly bins, boxes and bags carrying fresh or frozen food and/or any frozen goods will not be accepted for transportation.
- All sports equipment luggage, including golf clubs, must be packaged into a holdall secure bag and must comply with the size and weight dimensions above. The item will be counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements
- As we are a passenger service, we do not carry freight or unaccompanied luggage.
- Bicycles must be collapsed down (both wheels removed from the frame) with handlebars turned sideways and the chain covered. Bicycles presented in this fashion will be accepted for travel and counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements. If your bicycle is not collapsed down then it will be regarded as Oversize Luggage.
- Only GreatSights staff may store or remove luggage from the lockers or trailer.
- GreatSights's liability for checked luggage that is under GreatSights' care and control is limited to $1,000 per item, subject to the exclusions for unsuitable checked-in luggage and prohibited items below. Passengers are advised to arrange their own insurance cover for amounts over $1,000.
Unsuitable checked-in luggage
The following items are deemed unsuitable for luggage stowed in the luggage lockers and if you do include such items in your stowed luggage, you do this wholly at your own risk and GreatSights will not be liable for any costs for inconvenience, replacement, delay, loss or damage you or any other party may suffer
- Passports and travel documents
- Cameras, video cameras etc
- Computers or computer equipment
- Electrical or electronic devices
- Business documents or important documents
- Fragile, delicate or perishable goods
- Valuable items, such as money, jewellery or similar
- Any item that is not sufficiently packaged to withstand normal effects of carriage by road transport.
- Each customer is limited to one carry-on item with dimensions not exceeding 20cm high x 28cm deep with a maximum length of 400mm. The maximum weight is 5kg.
- Handbags, umbrellas, walking sticks and other aids are permitted.
- Chilly bins, boxes and bags carrying food and frozen goods will not be accepted for transportation.
- You are responsible for your carry-on luggage, and GreatSights accepts no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to carry-on luggage.
The following items are prohibited from being carried on or transported by any GreatSights service
- Liquids/creams not carried in watertight containers
- Flammable liquids
- Explosives (including fireworks)
- Poisonous, toxic, or hazardous substances
- Fuel (including gas bottles)
- Batteries (unless used in portable consumer electronic devices)
- Any form of firearm, weapon, explosives or ammunition
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Animals (except for assistance dogs)
- Frozen food and fresh meat, poultry or fish
- Any other item deemed unsafe by the driver or GreatSights staff
Right of refusal to carry luggage
GreatSights has the right to refuse to take luggage if it does not meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, or if it breaches the Carriage of Goods Act 1979.
- If a Passenger travels with more luggage than permitted as above, then the additional item(s) may be refused if there is no available space.
- Prohibited items are not permitted either on-board or in the luggage compartment.
- GreatSights does not carry unaccompanied parcels under any circumstances. Passengers must never accept luggage or parcels on behalf of someone else for security reasons.
GreatSights will not be responsible or liable for any loss or inconvenience if a Passenger is refused travel under any of these circumstances.
Queries and complaints
If you have any queries, claims, complaints or Lost Property related to GreatSights, please contact us by:
1. E-mail: email@example.com or
2. Post: InterCity Group (NZ) Ltd, PO Box 26-601, Epsom, Auckland
3. Phone: 09 583 5790
Claims for compensation must be received by GreatSights within 7 days of the date of travel. To make a claim please provide full contact details and time and date of journey.
1. The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for InterCity Group by itself or through an agent to take photographs, audio or video recordings, or other forms of recordings that capture the passenger’s image, likeness, voice, performance or all of these (“Images”) during the course of this activity / tour. The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for InterCity Group to receive and use Images of the passenger from other.
2. InterCity Group may use Images for marketing and promoting its services. The ways in which the Images will be used for marketing purposes include, but are not limited to, incorporating the Images in print, broadcast, internet media, direct marketing channels, downloadable content and applications, and all other media, platform or technology now known or to be developed for distribution around the world. The Images may be altered, modified, changed, combined or incorporated into other works.
3. The passenger has a right to request access to the passenger’s Images and to correction of those Images to ensure they are complete and not misleading. However, the passenger acknowledges that if the Images have been incorporated into marketing materials, it may not be reasonably practicable for InterCity Group to make any changes to the Images. The passenger authorises InterCity Group to refuse the request to correction in such circumstances.
GreatSights Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
Share your photos with us and you could win back the cost of your tour! Post your photos on our Facebook page or tag them with #greatsightsnz on Instagram to go in the monthly draw. You can enter as many times as you like each month.
- The GreatSights Photo Contest (the Contest) is run by InterCity Group (NZ) Ltd under its GreatSights brand. GreatSights can be contacted in relation to this Contest by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Contest will begin on Friday 1 December and will continue until Wednesday 28 February (the Contest Period).
- The Contest is open to any customer of GreatSights who is 18 years old or older, not an employee of InterCity Group (NZ) Ltd, and agrees to these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Three monthly winners will be chosen throughout the Contest Period. The winners will be chosen by random draw.
- The winner of the competition will receive the retail value of one full adult fare on the GreatSights New Zealand day trip they experienced. The prize will be provided in New Zealand Dollars. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize may not be exchanged or redeemed as cash.
- Following a random draw, the winner will be notified by GreatSights via the social media channel where the winning photo was submitted. If GreatSights does not receive a response within 48 hours of the notification email being sent, GreatSights may, at its discretion, re-draw another name, and may continue to re-draw further names until a response is received within 48 hours.
- GreatSights will announce the person who wins the Contest (the Winner) once contact has been made and their name will be posted on social media after the monthly draw.
- The winner acknowledges that GreatSights accepts no responsibility or liability for any harm, damage or illness or injury, which may occur as a result of the winning the prize, and the winner accepts and uses the prize at his or her own risk.
- The winner acknowledges that GreatSights accepts no responsibility or liability for any prizes being sent to incorrect bank accounts. GreatSights uses what is confirmed via email from the prize winner.
- You consent to all photos submitted being used by InterCity Group for promotional purposes in perpetuity.
- By entering the Contest you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Contest and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by New Zealand law.
- GreatSights may vary these Terms and Conditions and may terminate, suspend, modify or cancel the Contest, or the Prize at any time without notice.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that GreatSights will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising out of your participation in the Contest.
- You acknowledge that the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram, and that Facebook and Instagram have no liability to you in relation to the Contest. You agree to fully release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in relation to your participation in this Contest.